- What if my status is expiring soon?
- What if my status already expired?
- What if I need to change jobs while I am in Canada?
- Can I stay as a visitor?
- Can I change my status to a worker if I am a visitor?
- What if I have already reached the maximum duration of stay in my work permit category but I am stuck in Canada because of travel restriction?
- And other related issues….
We hope you will join us!
Expedited Work Permit Processing for Certain In-Canada Work Permit Applicants
Who is covered?
- Those who currently hold a valid work permit who are applying from within Canada for a new closed (employer-specific) work permit
- Those on implied status with an employer-specific work permit application in process
- Those who are in Canada on work permit exempt status (regulation 186(b)-(x)) but are applying from within Canada for a new closed (employer-specific) work permit
Who is not covered?
- Individuals who are out of status
- Business visitors (regulation 186(a))
- Those who have been working in Canada pursuant to the Global Skills Strategy work permit exemption
What if I need to provide biometrics?
What will be issued?
Immigration is aiming to issue these notices within 10 business days, which is significantly quicker than the regular processing time of 3-4 months.
Please contact your lawyer at CILF – Caruso Guberman Appleby for additional details or specific questions.