During this unusual time, CILF – Caruso Guberman Appleby, is here to continue to support you with respect to all of your immigration needs. We are here to answer your questions and keep you informed. We will provide updates as soon as they are available.
Our firm is well positioned to continue focus on your immigration needs. In particular, review your temporary foreign worker employee files to ensure that those who require new work permits file extensions in a timely manner.
Today’s important information:
- Effective Wednesday, March 18, the Canadian border will be closed but for the following exceptions: CANADIAN CITIZENS, PERMANENT RESIDENTS OF CANADA, US CITIZENS, AIR CREWS, DIPLOMATS and FAMILY MEMBERS OF CANADIAN CITIZENS.
- All international flights will be directed to either Toronto, Montreal, Calgary or Vancouver.
- Domestic flights, Mexican, US and Caribbean flights are not part of the international flight restriction.
- Anyone who has symptoms will be prevented from boarding planes to Canada.
- Self isolation is required for all individuals returning to Canada from anywhere.
- Canadian citizenship ceremonies temporarily on hold.
- Immigration Refugee and Citizenship Canada continues to accept applications for both temporary and permanent residence.
- The border restrictions do not apply to commerce and trade.
- At this point, we recommend any foreign workers currently in Canada not leave because we do not have any confirmation on their ability to return.
Please contact your lawyer at CILF – Caruso Guberman Appleby for additional details or specific questions.