Immigration Law Clerk / Legal Assistant – position available
Corporate Immigration Law Firm is seeking an immigration law clerk / legal assistant for its Toronto office. Our boutique law firm provides a highly collegial and positive working environment with opportunity to collaborate with colleagues and work on a variety of different types of cases.
• 2 – 3 years of immigration experience (Canadian immigration required, US a plus but not mandatory)
• Related certificate or a university degree
• Knowledge of government portals and online submissions
• An understanding of both permanent and temporary immigration categories
• Draft forms, prepare documents and submissions independently at the instruction of a lawyer
• Management of multiple files from beginning to end
• Dealing directly with client in writing and by phone clearly, concisely and in a timely manner
• Organize and maintain file list
• Diarize deadlines
• Along with lawyer, prioritize work load
• Complete tasks in a busy environment under time constraints
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered.